Yes, it’s a New World Marketplace, after all. And what is your company doing about it?
The marketplace is changing, and so are the old cultural paradigms and expectations with them. A rapid demographics and cultural shift has occurred over the last decade, but it’s not being addressed or spoken to by your strategic planning and branding messages. In today’s economy, many companies struggle to deliver mutually profitable Value Propositions to their target customers without a good understanding of these shifts, and often abandon the core essence and personal revelation of the brand to survive.
Consider the following projections:
- China will soon be the number one English speaking country in the world
- The majority of the United States will soon be non-white
- Hispanics, Asians & multi-racial children accounted for all of the US population growth this past decade
- For every two men graduating from college, three women graduate, and with better GPAs
- 85% of all buying decisions are made by women
- Gen Y is 3x the size of Gen X, soon to be the largest global population and work force
- The videogame industry is now bigger than professional baseball and movie box office
The keys to the kingdom are changing hands. Now more than ever, leaders and companies must find ways to stay relevant in a world that is fundamentally different from the one being taught in textbooks. Farnaz Wallace coined the phrase, The New World Marketplace, to break down these rapid cultural shifts into three major macro trends:
- The shifting roles of women at home, at work, and in leadership
- The new values and ideological power of youth culture
- The growth and influence of multicultural consumers and societies
These three macro trends –once considered small niches–are now major target markets, and businesses must communicate to them in order to stay relevant and prosperous. Companies must keep pace with the Global New World Marketplace in order to build a mutually profitable relationship with their changing customers and employees. Understanding and embracing this road map is essential in succeeding in this fiercely competitive environment.
Farnaz Wallace is the published author of the new, revolutionary book, The New World Marketplace. In her book, you will see the societal transformations clearly, and gain the tools to address them, both professionally and personally. Your eyes will be opened to the possibilities for new social models, leadership, and of course business models that will succeed. Farnaz founded a boutique strategic consulting firm called Farnaz Global, LLC, to help companies understand, embrace and profit from The New World Marketplace. Farnaz Global differentiates from all other consulting companies by getting you the results faster, and ultimately at a lower cumulative cost. It all starts with taking the leadership role in redefining how to reach and connect with the changing customers in a way not previously seen.
As a Former EVP and Chief Marketing Officer with Church’s Chicken, Farnaz led the brand in five years of consecutive same store sales growth, outpacing the entire category. She understands what it takes to stay relevant in a fast-changing marketplace and drive results several years in a row. Farnaz’s unique knowledge, experience and successful track record makes her a leading consultant and trusted advisor for many C-suite executives around the world.
Consulting Services Include:
* Strategic Planning and Brand Positioning – for C-Suite Executives
- Re-evaluating your core target(s) and business models
- Choosing and solidifying your Value Proposition(s) and competitive differentiations
- Identifying the gaps in your Value Delivery systems
- Whether your VP communication strategies are misfiring
- Cultural and Emotional Frameworks for the 3 macro trends
- Bridging cultural gaps and creating a meaningful relationships with the NWMP customers
- Creating a “brand” identity aligned with the values, beliefs, causes and strengths of the NWMP
* Fractional CMO for small to mid-size companies with aggressive growth plan
- Market-driven, customer-centric marketing/communication strategies – both B2B and B2C
- Media mix strategies – TV, Radio, social media, OOH, POP, PR, etc.
- New product development, consumer research & insights
- Creative development and positioning
- Coaching, training and cross-functional team building
* 1-3 day workshops
- The New World Marketplace presentation and training, including strategic frameworks
- Spending days in the lives of The New World Marketplace customers
- Inclusion and diversity training, bridging cultural gaps with your customers and employees
* New Business Pitch consulting for Advertising Agencies
* Executive coaching
* Independent consulting for larger consulting organizations
If your organization is ready to embrace The New World Marketplace for profitable growth Farnaz is your guide.
To contact Farnaz, click here.